(Photo by misso llc)
Hello! My name is Dalin (aka Duckie), a 30-something from the suburban hideaway of Westchester, New York, and I’d like to welcome you to Magic-Ala-Mode! This blog began out of a need for me to put my random thoughts down into some sort of magical, graphics-filled format, and has continued to be my side project for a number of years.
For a little background, I’m a plus-size girl who loves expressing myself. And whether that be through my words, my clothes, or the chai latte flavor I pick at the coffee shop, I refuse to hide my voice. Because when you’ve lived a life filled with misunderstanding, you (much like Baby) don’t want to be put in a corner anymore.
Magic-Ala-Mode is the space for which I want there to never be any rules. Formalities and structure are what make blogs boring over time. And with this website, I want you to feel free to be yourself and find something that encourages you towards defining your own individuality – in style or otherwise.
And with that, just like Jean Cocteau once said, Open sesame! (aka, enjoy your time here!)
Fun Duckie Facts:
- My name is a combination of my parent’s names – Da is from my Dad’s name and Lin from my mom’s. I’ll let you take a guess on their names though.
- I have a birthmark on my right arm that has a whole story behind it – you can read about it here!
- Apple Chai Lattes are my life nectar.
- My favorite movie is Brian de Palma’s Phantom of the Paradise.
- The first album I ever bought was the Goo Goo Dolls’ Dizzy Up The Girl – because I was clearly an emo kid on the rise.
- If I could live off of one meal, it would be Cajun Jambalaya.